- You use Google Chrome
- Voice comment appears to record successfully
- When the voice comment is played back, you only hear silence.
This problem occurs when Chrome's audio recording component crashes. This can happen when Chrome has not been restarted in a long time, or you have many tabs open.
To confirm this is the problem you are experiencing, try the following test:
- Click "Allow" to accept microphone recording permissions
- Click the microphone to start recording, speak, then click the microphone again to stop recording.
- An "audio wave" should appear in the bottom box.
If an audio wave DOES NOT appear in the bottom box, Chrome's audio recording component has crashed.
Restarting Chrome will solve this problem. However, voice comments recorded while Chrome's audio recording component has crashed are not recoverable.